Our outstanding system is designed for any grade level and student profile. The approach is sensible, respectful, and powerful and will forever improve your classroom and give you more Time To Teach.
Time To Teach supports PBIS, RTI, & PCL's
Are inappropriate student behaviors keeping you from teaching?
In a perfect world, students would come to school ready and willing to behave perfectly, listen intently and learn all the knowledge, skills, strategies, and wisdom they will need in order to lead happy, productive, fulfilling lives.
By addressing misbehavior early, consistently and calmly, you can eliminate multiple requests, and repeated warnings. Research has found that 5 to 9 hours per week are lost in the classroom when teachers have to deal with low level behavior. That’s 200 to 360 hours of time lost each year on correcting inappropriate behavior, with repeated warnings and multiple requests.
Time To Teach training will show you how to eliminate:
Time To Teach is based on 16 core beliefs:
1. Times have changed
2. Teachers are doing an incredible job
3. ”Kids don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.” Dr. Madeline Hunter
4. Good discipline is a matter of good timing
5. Conflict is an essential part of growing up
6. Parenting affects behavior
7. We cannot use poor parenting as an excuse for not teaching
8. Problem behavior can entrap us
9. Curriculum comes first, but discipline does, too!
10. Self-esteem matters
11. Students do not necessarily know how to behave
12. Classroom rules and routines need to be systematically taught
13. Teaching succeeds where punishment fails
14. We need an effective consequence for low-level misbehavior
15. An effective discipline program teaches responsible behavior
16. We can make a difference to every child
History of Time To Teach
Time To Teach was originally influenced over 40 years ago with the help and guidance of Dr. Madeline Hunter and John Wooden, both of UCLA. (yes, that’s right, Coach Wooden!)
Under the leadership of Rick Dahlgren, CEO, The Center For Teacher Effectiveness, publisher of Time To Teach, continues the work of Wooden and Hunter in collaboration with leading educators, researchers and master teachers all around the United States.
We are rapidly becoming the leading provider of teacher education, training and staff development in the United States, Canada and recently in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. For the last decade, we have been producing and sponsoring high quality, in-depth training programs especially designed for K-12 education professionals.
Our seminars are highly useful and very entertaining. Participants leave with a comprehensive Resource Manual filled with teacher lesson plans, ideas, and easy-to-implement strategies! Finally, our training is not only effective, it is also a chance to interact, network and have fun with other teaching professionals. It is guaranteed to be the best professional development experience that you will have in your career.